It’s been nearly two weeks since my last update, and, as usual, a lot has happened since then. Here’s a quick recap:
- K-Cat finished up another session of gymnastics; she’ll take some time off again before picking another activity for the summer or fall. She also finished her fourth Awana book which means she will get a Timothy Award in a few weeks!
- We had late night appetizers at Applebee’s – Jay Pea’s treat for “just because” – it’s definitely nice having grown up kids!
- We hosted Awana Grand Prix and spent an afternoon shopping at Eden Prairie Mall followed by dinner at Pizza Ranch in Shakopee.
- Nana and Grandpa came to visit on their way to see The Twin, The Nurse, Baby Bee, and Little Man in Arizona; they got to see K-Cat perform at church before flying out.
- Doodle and Loo Hoo spent several days babysitting; a very good thing for Loo Hoo as her car needed major repairs last week – brakes and struts! Of course, we went to Midas!
We had a lot of afternoons out enjoying the wonderful weather – lots of walks in the neighborhood and playing on the trampoline; it’s supposed to be chilly and rainy for the next few days, but it was about 70 over the weekend!
- Hubby and I flew to Tucson for three days to celebrate The Twin’s retirement from the Air Force – hard to believe it’s been 20 years! Spending time with family is definitely one of our favorite activities, and it was good to see the boys, The Nurse, and her mom and dad.
I got to fly an airplane (thanks again, Twin)! Okay, it was actually a flight simulator, but it was AMAZING… I did crash just before landing, but right up until that point… perfect (if I do say so myself)! Wishing I had one of those toys at my house; it would be a good reminder that some decisions really matter more than others – like which heading to maintain on final approach!
- Jay Pea and I took a class at Yoga Bella in Chanhassen – a very nice studio; we are hoping to get back sometime, but, for now, I’m going to continue focusing on Dance Central and other Kinnect games as my main form of working out.
- Finally, I spent an evening with Jay Pea re-organizing her room – moving furniture and sorting piles; it’s always nice to have a fresh start.
And, as if that wasn’t enough, there’s also been school, work, and church to keep us busy… I can definitely never say that we have a lack of things to do around here! Off to try to catch up on email again now… wish me luck!